We embrace multiple disciplines of endurance sports, but for founder Pat Miller, cycling has been at the core of his passion. We thought it worthy to present a post disclosing how cycling can help you!
The health benefits of regular cycling include:
- increased cardiovascular fitness
- increased muscle strength and flexibility
- improved joint mobility
- decreased stress levels
- improved posture and coordination
- strengthened bones
- decreased body fat levels
- prevention or management of disease
- reduced anxiety and depression
Most importantly it is fun. Here is a simple article about why cycling makes you happy. As the late Robin Williams once said when asked why he loved cycling so much, "It's the closest you can get to flying."
Pat's Note - For me, no matter how serious the workout, riding a bike brings back memories of being a child and pedaling around the neighborhood. I remind myself every ride to take a look around and enjoy the freedom and simplicity that the self propelled machine beneath me provides.